01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: And then I bought a string of Baltic Amber Beads... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

And then I bought a string of Baltic Amber Beads...

34
So, today, I went out and purchased a string of baltic amber beads for my Curlysue.
She's going through her teething season and I feel SO sorry for her :(
Besides for the fact that the pearlys are literally just sticking through, barely, and they refuse to budge an inch further, she has also been drooling alot, which causes an eina looking rash.
She is so uncomfortable. And needless to say, sleep has eluded us for many a night now.


And then I heard about these amazing amber beads.
They are made out of (duh) amber and is reputed to help boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and accelarate the healing of wounds. Apparently they are perfect soothers for babies who are teething as well.

I'm not sure about the healing properties of this here necklace and my hubby says that it's "voodoo" but after reading up on it, I am willing to spend R195 and give it a go!

Check out this article I read over at Belly Belly :
"In addition to assisting with reducing pain, drooling (for which amber is said to work by stimulating the thyroid glands) and irritability that is often associated with teething, Baltic amber is believed to help relieve eczema, speed up wound healing and stave off ear and throat inflammation, amongst other ailments.

Sounds worth a try, right?
The nice lady at the shop I bought it from said to give it 4 - 5 days before it will take effect.
So let's see what happens.

I will be checking if the beads assist as a relief from:
- Constant drooling
- Rash on face
- Pain and uncomfortable behaviour

I will report back in a weeks time to let you know whether this thing is worth the price of a pack of diapers!
xxxL

Labels:

35 36 37 38