01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Feature Friday: Mvokazi Mjayezi-Ncede 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Feature Friday: Mvokazi Mjayezi-Ncede

34

On Feature Friday I feature people, products or just random things that I think are pretty cool. My aim is to leave you a little bit more enlightened and inspired! And hey, I'm open to new things, so please hollar at me, if you have any pretty cool FF suggestions. 


Mvokazi Mjayezi-Ncede of J-Star BloMag




Mvokazi Mjayezi, or Mvo as she prefers, is one of those kinds of women who are made out of passion, grit and determination! 
This lady knows who she is and what she's meant to be doing right now and nothing can sway her! It is something that I deeply admire and is one of the main reasons why I am featuring her today, after a week of feeling like "there's got to be more to life!" 
I think that so many of us need to be encouraged and inspired to take a step of faith into our God-given destinys. 

With nothing but a dream in her heart and a vision set out by God, Mvo left her office job more than a year ago to pursue her dream of becoming a magazine owner. She explains: “I just went for it, trusting God to provide as I go, and He has!” 

In an interview that I did with her for Gateway News she shared the following about J-Star Magazine: "The vision God gave me for J-Star is that it is a friendship ministry in blog magazine style. Everything about it is personal — a testimony of what my contributors and I have been through, are going through and will go through.” She explained. The blomag is focused on encouraging its readers to reach for the greatness that God has destined for them. “He then gave me the name J-Star, which means Jesus Star. I ran with it after that and here I am today!”


Mvo is not only a dream chaser but also a mom to the adorable 10 month old Khumisani and the dashing 6 year old Kamvalonke. Mvo and hubby, Sinethemba, have been married for 5 grace filled years and together are pursuing the promises of God and not settling for anything less! 

Let's see what she has to say:

1. So... who are you? 
I'm a woman of God, a wife, a mom, daughter, sibling and friend. I love being a wife to my husband, and i love being a mom to my kids - I was born for this! I feel so blessed in that I'm right where I'm supposed to be, in every sense.

I'm a visionary who likes to push boundaries, and most importantly, I like to translate my dreams into reality. These days I'm all about going after all that God has for me, I want it all and I want it now! 

2. You're a feature today, because I think you're pretty cool :) Why do you think you're cool?
Thanks..I happen to think that you're pretty cool too. I would say that I'm cool because I kicked fear to the curb and out of my life for good. I came to a point in life where I just decided to put on a go-getter attitude. I realised that God has got plans for my life and I really wanted to walk in my destiny, so I put my trust in God and sprinted forward.

3. What is your favorite thing at the moment?
Other than my family, I'm obsessed with my hair at the moment. You see I have this big bush of an afro; and after years of trying out multitudes of hairstyles, I stumbled upon a hair blog for natural ethnic hair. So now I'm on a mission to get healthy long, natural hair. I have a long way to go, but I'm pretty happy with its current state.

4. If you could change one thing today, what would it be?
Ooh that's easy. I'd stop being lazy when it comes to exercise and just do it, so I can fit into my clothes again! I love what I do, and I can go without sleep for days doing it, but when it comes to my health, I haven't gotten there yet...lol any tips for me?

5. Learnt how to make anything recently?
Lol, I like to empower myself so I'm becoming a bit more hands on with the designing of my magazine. What else?...I'd love to learn to sew. I've always loved fashion and have designed tons of amateur sketches that nobody would know what do do with lol, but that's my next dream that I want to turn into a reality.

6. Share your favorite tip/trick:
Lol, like I said i' obsessed about my hair. So my favorite tip, is putting a generous amount of applecider vineger in my shampoo, mixed with water..it does wonders to cleanse the scalp! 

7. Imagine we're your kids :) now imagine you had to share a life lesson with us.
Mhmm, this is a tough one...OK..here goes..don't live your life according to people's advice or opinions. Live it as God has called you to live it. People may not understand what God has called you to do, and they always have advice of what or how you should do things..only listen to the instructions of the Holy Spirit, and do things exactly the way He tells you to do them. 

Following your destiny does not mean that everything will go smoothly, with no challenges in your way. Sometimes the challenges are little pebbles of no consequence, and sometimes they are mountains that can take your breath away. You are already equipped with the tools and the weapons that you need to overcome any, and every situation. You are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus, and you will always overcome.



xxxL

Labels:

35 36 37 38