On Feature Friday I feature people, products or just random things that I think are pretty cool. My aim is to leave you a little bit more enlightened and inspired! And hey, I'm open to new things, so please hollar at me, if you have any pretty cool FF suggestions.
Just Ella Bella
My FF this week is the amazingly creative, determined and witty fellow blogger, JustEllaBella. I met Elle a couple of years ago (when we were both really skinny) via an email chat group, and we totally hit it off immediately.
Besides for sharing similar interests (crafting, writing, music, fashion, blogging), we are both also extremely good at saying how we feel... well, on paper, that is... and I later on showed her exactly how much I liked her, by making sure she marries my cousin.
Together, they have 2 beautiful baby boys - angel baby Logan (whose life and death has made such a big impact on the people that have been following JustEllaBella) and Aidan, a very opinionated and intelligent 2 year old who loves crafting just as much as his mommy does.
Elle has recently given up her full time job at a local news house to commit to her blog, online shop and other ventures. She describes herself as a 'loony toon' but I think that she is just really fun.
Let's see what she has to say:
1. So... who are you? I'm a 30 year old (omw really? really?) wife, mother, freelance writer, blogger,crafter and soon to be small business owner
2. You're a feature today, because I think you're pretty cool :) Why do you think you're cool? hahahahahaha, I don't think I'm cool, ask my younger siblings I am the anti-cool...if there is one thing I like about myself is that people seem to feel comfortable around me, I like that I'm the one many of my friends and family run to for support, that's pretty cool.
3. What is your favorite thing at the moment? My onsie, its so warm and cosy and lovely - yes you need to practically strip to use the bathroom but it makes up for it in cuteness.
4. If you could change one thing today, what would it be? I suppose you don't mean anything too serious like an end to global warming and racism? if not I would go with not having to sit here while cleaning lady cleans, Aidan went on rampage yesterday so the place is a mess and here I sit feeling awkward...but hey I work from home, here is were my wifi is, what can I do.
5. Learnt how to make anything recently? What was it? I learn to make stuff all the time, it's my high...I learnt to make spreadsheets on Excel last night, I know it seems like a silly thing to be proud of but I love adding to my list of things I can do (some times it's a major fail like crocheting but hey I tried) I always struggled with spread sheets then yesterday I was like oooooh clickidy click click click, go me!
6. Share your favorite tip/trick: Always have a emergency stash in your bag (if you are a mom or anyone watching a toddler) I know this seems like a no-brainer but I've seen it so many times, kids freaking out at doctors and what not when a pack of raisins or a colouring book could have saved us from the dreaded tantrum...yes I still get tantrums but then I get to eat a snack while watching :p
7. Imagine we're your kids :) now imagine you had to share a life lesson with us. What would it be? Don't give up, God has a plan, things might seem bleak but honestly, trust me on this one, things get better...