01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Choosing life for my family 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Choosing life for my family

34
Photo: Face Book

After having an especially challenging week I saw this message this morning and immediately felt inspired and convicted.

The caption says:
Women can make or break the attitudes of our homes. Let's build our houses with the knowledge of God that changes our behavior, the wisdom to communicate this knowledge to others, and the understanding to live out our faith. Because "charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30.

The amazing thing about God is that He has given us freedom of choice.
We choose what we allow into our lives and into our thoughts.
We choose how we react to situations and how we speak to people and make them feel.
We choose what we release into the atmosphere.

I was just thinking that with the heinous amounts of crime (even the small stuff) that takes place on a daily basis, it is so easy to become a statistic. It's something we do our best to avoid and guard against. We put up security fencing and gates. We install alarms. We take out insurance policies.
We take ACTION to guard our families against the "enemy's" that are outside.
But what about those that are inside?

How often do we guard our families against negative words and actions?
What am I saying in front of my kids?
What am I allowing them to watch on TV?
What are they seeing me do?
What are they seeing me NOT do?
As the mother of my household, am I always aware of my attitude and decisions knowing that it directly affects my kids and husband?

Today, I am challenged to choose to speak life over my family and household and I am challenged to not entertain anything that would hinder their growth.
I extend this challenge to you too... Let's build up our homes and make it an environment where love and positivity thrives!

xxxL

Labels:

35 36 37 38