Ever wake up with a tingling on your lips... and no, I'm not talking about passionate kisses.
I woke up with the worlds ugliest cold sore evaaaa!
This thing was so ugly, it needed to be contained and thrown into a deep, dark pit of fire.
I, of course, did what any rational human being would do in a dilemma such as this:
I Googled a solution!
Anyways, so Mr Googley advised me to:
- Drink Lysine tablets (uhm... I don't do soft drugs.)
- Rub salt (literally in my wounds)
- Soak my lip in alcohol (those days are long behind me, buddy)
- Rub someones pee in it. I know, right?
- Apply ice
- Buy some cold sore ointment.
The last one is the one that made more sense to me, so I got me some Acitop at the chemist.
I didn't need a prescription for it, so that was pretty cool already. I knew I had found a winner.
I dabbed on a little a heck of a lot and sat at my desk at work, looking like I had rabies.
Hey, I'm not complaining coz within half an hour, the big green ugly monster seemed to shrink.
I am now sitting with a small little blister/bump, that needs to be dried out.
The worst is over folks.
Anyways, so I decided to contact Mr Googley again to finds ways to dry up the blister.
I was advised to:
- Mix salt and toothpaste, apply and walk around like that
- Mix alcohol with something and do something with it (I stopped reading after alcohol)
- Apply some nail polish remover every few hours
Yep, you guessed it, I am currently sitting with a cutex-remover-lip.
It actually really works ya'll!
Apparently the acetone, in the remover, dries the blister right on up.
Obviously you need to take precaution and I have been applying Labello to the area around the infected part, so that the remover does not affect my skin etc.
But so far so good.